COVID-19’s wide-ranging health and economic impacts have permeated across the world, and much of the research community has pivoted to respond. At IPA, we have launched a major effort—Research for Effective COVID-19 responses, or RECOVR, to support immediate response efforts and provide evidence to decision-makers working to mitigate the impacts of the crisis in the 22 countries where we work.
To rapidly share what we and our partners are learning, IPA is hosting the RECOVR Webinar Series: Bringing Evidence to COVID-19 Policy Responses in the Global South. In this series, we are sharing new research findings and policy perspectives from IPA and our partner organizations on the COVID-19 crisis in order to support evidence-informed response efforts. All webinars are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend; recordings will also be made available approximately 1-3 business days after each event. For recordings of past webinars and information about registration for future ones, please visit the individual webinar pages below.
- June 11 - Early Evidence on COVID-19, Mobility, and Migration
- July 2 - Informing Policy on COVID-19 with Rapid Data: Results and Responses from the RECOVR Survey in Ghana
- July 8 - Microfinance and COVID-19 in Pakistan: What Happens After Lockdown?
- July 14 - Cash Transfers for COVID-19 Relief
- July 14 - Using Data to Guide Decision-Making During COVID-19: The Experience of Peru’s Ministry of Education (English version / versión en inglés)
- July 16 - Usando los datos para guiar la toma de decisiones durante COVID-19: La experiencia del Ministerio de Educación del Perú (Spanish version / versión en español)
New webinars will be added to the series to address emerging questions and share forthcoming results, so stay tuned for more dates soon.