COVID-19’s wide-ranging health and economic impacts have permeated across the world, and much of the research community has pivoted to respond. At IPA, we have launched a major effort—Research for Effective COVID-19 responses, or RECOVR, to support immediate response efforts and provide evidence to decision-makers working to mitigate the impacts of the crisis in the 22 countries where we work.
To rapidly share what we and our partners are learning, IPA is hosting the RECOVR Webinar Series: Bringing Evidence to COVID-19 Policy Responses in the Global South. In this series, we are sharing new research findings and policy perspectives from IPA and our partner organizations on the COVID-19 crisis in order to support evidence-informed response efforts. All webinars are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend; recordings will also be made available approximately 1-3 business days after each event. For recordings of past webinars and information about registration for future ones, please visit the individual webinar pages below.
- June 11 - Early Evidence on COVID-19, Mobility, and Migration
- July 2 - Informing Policy on COVID-19 with Rapid Data: Results and Responses from the RECOVR Survey in Ghana
- July 8 - Microfinance and COVID-19 in Pakistan: What Happens After Lockdown?
- July 14 - Cash Transfers for COVID-19 Relief
- July 14 - Using Data to Guide Decision-Making During COVID-19: The Experience of Peru’s Ministry of Education (English version / versión en inglés)
- July 16 - Usando los datos para guiar la toma de decisiones durante COVID-19: La experiencia del Ministerio de Educación del Perú (Spanish version / versión en español)
- July 23 - Informing Policy on COVID-19 with Rapid Data in Sierra Leone and Liberia
- July 27 - Informing Policy on COVID-19 with Rapid Data: Results and Responses from the RECOVR Survey in Burkina Faso and Côte d’Ivoire (English version / Version anglaise)
- July 29 - Webinaire sur l'enquête RECOVR au Burkina Faso (French version / Version française)
- July 30 - Webinaire sur l’enquête RECOVR en Côte d’Ivoire (French version / Version française)
- August 11 - Serie de seminarios RECOVR: Resultados y respuestas de la encuesta RECOVR en Colombia (en español)
- September 1 (August 31 Eastern time) - Using Evidence to Inform Social Policy in the Time of COVID-19: RECOVR Survey Results from the Philippines
- September 11 - Learning from Rapid Data to Inform Policy on COVID-19 in Zambia and Malawi
- October 20 - COVID-19 and Forced Displacement in the Global South
- December 7 - COVID-19 and Forced Displacement in the Global South | The Syrian Refugee Crisis: A View from Jordan
- December 15 - The Digitization of Cash Assistance During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Colombia
- December 18 - The Impact of Cash Transfers During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Africa
New webinars will be added to the series to address emerging questions and share forthcoming results, so stay tuned for more dates soon.