This webinar is part of IPA's RECOVR Webinar Series: Bringing Evidence to COVID-19 Policy Responses in the Global South. Together with our partners, we are using this series to rapidly share what we are learning with the policy and research community to support evidence-informed response efforts. More information about other events in the series is available here.
On February 23, 2021, the Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA), Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), and the Joint Data Center on Forced Displacement (JDC) held the third webinar in a mini-series focused on the impacts of COVID-19 on forcibly displaced people in the Global South, and efforts by NGOs and governments to support them.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created an urgent need for timely data to help monitor and mitigate the social and economic impact of this crisis and protect the welfare of the most vulnerable individuals. This webinar presented the preliminary results emerging from High-Frequency Phone Surveys conducted to assess the changes in welfare, vulnerabilities, and prospects of those forcibly displaced. The presentations focused on three countries: Ecuador, Ethiopia, and Yemen. The webinar included a discussion of the presented findings and concluded with a Q&A session.
This webinar is part of IPA's RECOVR Webinar Series: Bringing Evidence to COVID-19 Policy Responses in the Global South, CEGA's Webinar Series on COVID-19 and Global Poverty, and the JDC's Event Series on Forced Displacement.
Watch the webinar recording below:
- Sergio Olivieri, Senior Economist, and Ana Mercedes Rivadeneira Alava, Economic Consultant, Poverty and Equity Global Practice, World Bank: ‟Evidence from Ecuador”
- Sharad Tandon, Senior Economist, Poverty and Equity Global Practice, World Bank: ‟Evidence from Yemen”
- Christina Wieser, Senior Economist, Poverty and Equity Global Practice, World Bank: "Evidence from Ethiopia”
- Betsy Lippman, Senior Advisor, Division of Resilience and Solutions, UNHCR
- Marguerite Duponchel, Senior Development Officer, Republic of the Congo, UNHCR
- Björn Gillsäter, Head of the World Bank-UNHCR Joint Data Center on Forced Displacement