This webinar is part of IPA's RECOVR Webinar Series: Bringing Evidence to COVID-19 Policy Responses in the Global South. Together with our partners, we are using this series to rapidly share what we are learning with the policy and research community to support evidence-informed response efforts. More information about other events in the series is available here.
Pour plus d'informations à propos des webinaires en français, veuillez visiter cette page web.
Are children engaged in distance learning activities? What has the impact of COVID-19 been on workers and businesses, particularly in the informal sector? Are households finding it more difficult to access family planning services during the pandemic?
These and other questions have been at the forefront of decision-makers’ minds while forming policy responses to the COVID-19 pandemic in Burkina Faso and Côte d’Ivoire. Tracking how people’s lives are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic can enable policymakers to better understand the situation in their countries and make data-driven policy decisions. To respond to this need, IPA developed the RECOVR survey—a panel survey designed to facilitate comparisons, document real-time trends of policy concern, and inform decision-makers about the communities that are hardest hit by the economic toll of the pandemic.
In Burkina Faso and Côte d’Ivoire, IPA collected information from households during the first three weeks of June in order to inform response strategies across education, employment, social protection, and health.
This webinar shared findings from the first round of the RECOVR surveys in Burkina Faso and Côte d’Ivoire and covered how decision-makers are using the results to continually adapt their responses to changing demands and to plan for long-term strategies. The presentation was followed by a discussion and Q&A.
Watch the webinar recording below:
- Marius Ogoukonle Chabi, Country Director, Francophone West Africa, Innovations for Poverty Action
- Samuel Kembou Nzale, Country Representative, Côte d’Ivoire, Innovations for Poverty Action
- Arthur Sagot-Duvauroux, Policy & Project Development Coordinator, Francophone West Africa, Innovations for Poverty Action
- Achille Mignondo Tchibozo, Research Coordinator, Burkina Faso, Innovations for Poverty Action
- Shana Warren, Research Scientist for Path-to-Scale Research, Innovations for Poverty Action
- Mireille Belem, Director of Research and Development, Development Media International
- Tessa Swigart, Research Manager, Development Media International
- Cyrille Gnalega, Assistant Director of Research and Statistical Analysis, Direction Générale de l’Emploi, Ministère de l’Emploi et de la Protection Sociale, Côte d’Ivoire
- Ben Anderson Koffi, Technical Advisor, Direction Générale de l’Emploi, Ministère de l’Emploi et de la Protection Sociale, Côte d’Ivoire