Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, or make a donation. Users may be asked for name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider’s utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Innovations for Poverty Action may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To process donations: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when making a donation to provide service to that donation. We share this information with outside parties to the extent necessary to process the donation.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their donation. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
- Research purposes: We may use the information Users provide about themselves to evaluate the success of our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze website usage, and improve our website’s content, layout, and services.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Innovations for Poverty Action will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from Users to third parties without express permission except to the extent necessary including:
- To fulfill User requests for service from us
- To respond to the legal process or comply with the law
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the organization
In addition, Innovations for Poverty Action utilizes third party agents in evaluating the success of its marketing and promotional efforts, making organizational decisions and developing its long-term plans. These third parties have access to personal donor information as needed to perform their functions. Innovations for Poverty Action requires that these third parties keep such information strictly confidential.
Third party websites
Users may find content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Innovations for Poverty Action
101 Whitney Ave New Haven, CT 06510-1256 USA
This page was last updated on March 27, 2017