This resource is intended to help researchers better understand IPA's functional departments and who you should contact for assistance.
- Global Research & Design Support
- Human Resources
- Management Information Systems Technology
- Programs (Global & Country)
- Policy & Communications
- Security & Incident Reporting
- Program Areas
- Poverty Probability Index (PPI®)
- Stewards all individual (non-institutional) donors to IPA and works with strategic institutional donors to raise unrestricted and strategic funds for IPA.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – questions about fundraising or individual donations
- Monitors IPA’s financial health
- Establishes the financial management systems necessary for overseeing donor funds and reporting
- Most project-related financial matters are the responsibility of Country Program Management and, as such, they should be contacted as a first resort if questions arise.
- email@example.com - requests for payments of invoices or contracts
- firstname.lastname@example.org - For general inquiries related to IPA’s finance policies
- Research and Development:
- Develops and manages IPA’s Internal Principle Investigator Model
- Develops and manages Measurement of Field Research Experiments Agenda
- Manages IPA Research Transparency Initiative
- Develops innovative and rigorous research methodologies for randomized evaluations
- Research Quality Assurance and Capacity Building:
- Ensures high-quality research design, questionnaire design, data collection, data management, and data analysis
- Coordinates IPA’s Research Review Committee and Institutional Review Board
- Coordinates research staff trainings along with other technical trainings for internal research staff and external partners
- Knowledge Management
- Supports the development and management of internal systems
- Ensures IPA’s effectiveness through internal M&E system
- Promotes and share IPA’s research best practices across IPA and its partners
- email@example.com - requests about a specific user account; general support for research related activities such as questions about project design (power calculations, which survey method software you should use), research protocols execution, and survey programming. Also reach out to this email for questions about available research resources
- firstname.lastname@example.org - questions about the IPA Institutional Review Board (IRB); staff submission of NIH Human Participant Protections Education Certificate of Completion
- email@example.com – questions about and submissions to the IPA Research Review Committee (RRC)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - questions about Global Staff Trainings and capacity building activities
- Works with researchers, country teams, and donors to negotiate, oversee, and manage compliance, reporting and deliverables for all of IPA's grants around the world. In coordination with finance, supports grant financial reporting and donor invoicing.
- email@example.com – questions on grants administration. Also to be used as point of contact in donor agreements and for submitting official correspondence related to grants
- Establishes and oversees policies and procedures around recruitment, onboarding, performance management, staff development;
- compensation and staffing structure design, employee relations, employee benefits, immigration/visa sponsorship, and
- safety and security
- firstname.lastname@example.org - requests for support or clarification on HR policies
- email@example.com – inquiries related to jobs
- Negotiates, drafts and reviews agreements such as MOUs, grants and contracts
- Creates legal templates; Addresses intellectual property concerns
- firstname.lastname@example.org – all legal matters, including contract review, registration (country, corporate and charitable), local retainers, foreign and domestic compliance concerns (i.e., employment, tax, visas), lease agreements, delegations and board resolutions, records retention, corporate and international insurance, and any other general legal concerns.
- Safety & Security and Incident Reporting: Online form or email@example.com or +1-844-837-5445 – to (1) report security concerns and for inquiries related to safety and security OR (2) for substantive concerns or complaints (i.e. to exercise the whistleblower policy)
- Computer, software, and IT setup for new staff
- General IT troubleshooting; Procurement support for IT-related goods
- Helpdesk: support.poverty-action.org
- Provides the resources for external audiences and raises our global profile through the IPA website, mass emails, publications like the annual report, and media coverage.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – communications and outreach questions, including writing, branding, website, project summaries, media and social media, and publications
- email@example.com - send corrections and/or updates to the IPA website here
- Works to set a common vision and agenda for IPA’s geographic and sector and thematic work
- Oversees and supports the functioning of IPA’s Country Programs worldwide
- Supports Country Programs to develop project concepts and partnerships
- Establishes standards, core tools and resources related to overall policy objectives, as well as research and administration in coordination with IPA’s functional departments
- firstname.lastname@example.org – to report security concerns and for inquiries related to safety and security. To call IPA’s Safety/Security Hotline, dial +1-203-500-6286.
- Agriculture: email@example.com - IPA also collaborates with J-PAL and CEGA's Agricultural Technology Adoption Initiative (ATAI): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education: email@example.com | IPA also collaborates with J-PAL's Post-Primary Initiative: PPE@povertyactionlab.org.
- Financial Inclusion Program: firstname.lastname@example.org – Inquiries on any of the work of the Financial Inclusion Program or general queries about evaluations/interventions in the financial inclusion space
- Health: email@example.com | IPA also collaborates with J-PAL on health work (Program Manager: Thomas Chupein).
- Intimate Partner Violence Initiative (Health): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Governance: email@example.com | IPA also collaborates closely with J-PAL's Governance Initiative (GI@povertyactionlab.org)
- Peace & Recovery Program: firstname.lastname@example.org – inquiries on partnering with the Peace & Recovery Program. Email this address if you wish to receive funding opportunities related to the program.
- Small & Medium Enterprises Program: email@example.com – inquiries on partnering with the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Program on a research project or an event
- Social Protection Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Finance Initiative (Financial Inclusion Program): email@example.com – questions regarding the US Finance Initiative (USFI) or new US-specific project development opportunities
As of July 2016, IPA is the organizational home of the Poverty Probability Index (PPI®). The PPI is a poverty measurement tool for organizations and businesses with a mission to serve the poor. The PPI is statistically-sound, yet simple to use: the answers to 10 questions about a household’s characteristics and asset ownership are scored to compute the likelihood that the household is living below the poverty line – or above by only a narrow margin. With the PPI, organizations can identify the clients, customers, or employees who are most likely to be poor or vulnerable to poverty, integrating objective poverty data into their assessments and strategic decision-making. Learn more about the PPI at www.povertyindex.org.