INERA, the Institut de l’Environnement et de Recherches Agricoles is the doming institute for the agricultural and environmental research in Burkina Faso.
The institute's principal goals are:
- the deliverance of a lasting contribution to the agricultural and environmental research in Burkina Faso;
- the organization, management and coordination of research programs;
- the valorisation of the acquired scientific and economic results of investigative programs;
- the scientific and technical education of researchers;
- the promotion and development of optimal regional agricultural and environmental practice;
- the decentralization of research to achieve direct connections between research and end-users and to insure the transfer of knowledge and technology to farmers.