The Peace & Recovery (P&R) Program at Innovations for Poverty Action is launching its first request for proposals, through an Expression of Interest (EOI) Form available now. Expressions of Interest are due on September 15, 2017.
The P&R Program is designed to support field experiments and related research in several broad areas:
- Reducing violence and promoting peace
- Reducing “fragility” (i.e. fostering state capability and institutions of decision-making)
- Preventing, coping with, and recovering from crises (focusing on conflict, but also including non-conflict humanitarian crises)
We encourage you to read the Peace & Recovery Program's Guiding Principles and Funding Priorities document, which includes critical details about the program's core research themes and questions, before submitting an EOI.
The following is a tentative timeline for P&R’s first call for proposals.
- June 29, 2017 -- P&R Description and Strategic Objectives released
- August 15, 2017 -- Expression of Interest (EOI) form released
- September 15, 2017 -- EOIs due
- October 15, 2017 -- Applicants will receive a response to EOI
- November 15, 2017 -- Full applications due
- January 15, 2018 -- Expected project start dates
Expression of Interest Phase August/September 2017
It is not a requirement to participate in the Expression of Interest phase in order to submit a Full Proposal in November. Applicants are encouraged to submit an EOI, however, for two reasons:
- This will allow the P&R Program to let the applicant know whether the project may or may not be a good match for P&R before the researchers invest time in the full application, and may allow the P&R team to provide feedback.
- The P&R Program may grant limited travel or pilot funding based on EOIs and discussion with the applicants even before the full applications are due.