The Peace & Recovery (P&R) Program is focused on prevention, mitigation, responses to, and recovery strategies for most forms of social and political violence as well as humanitarian emergencies, including:
- International and internal wars
- State-supported violence and repression, from mass killings to police brutality
- Electoral violence
- Riots, protests, strikes, and other collective action (violent and nonviolent)
- Intergroup violence, including ethnic and sectarian violence
- “Recovery” responses after violence or destruction, such as after civil war or natural disaster
P&R's third call for proposals is now closed. Dates for our fourth round can be found below.
Further information about the program's core research themes and questions can be found in our Guiding Principles and Funding Priorities document. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
A list of full and pilot projects P&R has funded to date can be found here.
Dates for Round Four:
- February 2019: Competitive round announced, EOI form released
- March 1, 2019: EOI deadline
- April 15, 2019: Responses to EOIs released
- April 30, 2019: Exploratory proposal deadline
- May 31, 2019: Full proposal submission deadline
- July 2019: Awards announced