The Peace & Recovery (P&R) Program is focused on prevention, mitigation, responses to, and recovery strategies for most forms of social and political violence as well as humanitarian emergencies, including:
- International and internal wars
- State-supported violence and repression, from mass killings to police brutality
- Electoral violence
- Riots, protests, strikes, and other collective action (violent and nonviolent)
- Intergroup violence, including ethnic and sectarian violence
- “Recovery” responses after violence or destruction, such as after civil war or natural disaster
P&R's third call for proposals is now open, and full proposals are due November 30, 2018. Application instructions can be found here. Applicants are not required to have submitted an Expression of Interest in order to submit a full proposal.
Further information about the program's core research themes and questions can be found in our Guiding Principles and Funding Priorities document. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
A list of full and pilot projects P&R has funded to date can be found here.
Dates for Round Three
- July 13, 2018: Competitive Round Announced, EOI form released
- August 31, 2018: EOI deadline
- October 15, 2018: Responses to EOIs released and full application materials posted
- November 30, 2018: Full proposal submission deadline
- January 2019: Awards announced