The Peace & Recovery (P&R) Initiative is focused on prevention, mitigation, responses to, and recovery strategies for most forms of social and political violence as well as humanitarian emergencies, including:
- International and internal wars
- State-supported violence and repression, from mass killings to police brutality
- Electoral violence
- Riots, protests, strikes, and other collective action (violent and nonviolent)
- Intergroup violence, including ethnic and sectarian violence
- “Recovery” responses after violence or destruction, such as after civil war or natural disaster.
P&R's Second Call for Proposals is now open, and full proposals are due on May 25. Applicants are not required to have submitted an Expression of Interest in order to submit a full proposal. Please check back for proposal application instructions and templates, and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For those interested in learning more, the program's Guiding Principles and Funding Priorities document includes critical details about the program's core research themes and questions.
Confirmed Dates for Round 2
- January 15, 2018: Competitive Round Announced, Expressions of Interest (EOI) form released
- March 2, 2018: EOI deadline
- April 15, 2018: Responses to EOIs released
- May 25, 2018: Full proposal submission deadline
- July 2018: Awards announced
Tentative Dates for Round 3
- July 13, 2018: Competitive Round Announced, EOI form released
- August 31, 2018: EOI deadline
- October 15, 2018: Responses to EOIs released
- November 30, 2018: Full proposal submission deadline
- January 2019: Awards announced