The Peace & Recovery (P&R) Program is focused on prevention, mitigation, responses to, and recovery strategies for most forms of social and political violence as well as humanitarian emergencies, including:
- International and internal wars
- State-supported violence and repression, from mass killings to police brutality
- Electoral violence
- Riots, protests, strikes, and other collective action (violent and nonviolent)
- Intergroup violence, including ethnic and sectarian violence
- “Recovery” responses after violence or destruction, such as after civil war or natural disaster
P&R's fourth call for proposals is now closed. Dates for our fifth round can be found below.
Further information about the program's core research themes and questions can be found in our Guiding Principles and Funding Priorities document. Applicants can also learn about the program's newest research focus in our Homicide in Latin America and the Caribbean document. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
A list of full and pilot projects P&R has funded to date can be found here.
Dates for Round Five
- July 2019: Competitive round announced, EOI form released
- August 30, 2019: EOI deadline
- October 15, 2019: Responses to EOIs released
- December 6, 2019: Proposal submission deadline
- January 2019: Awards announced