The Peace & Recovery (P&R) Initiative is focused on prevention, mitigation, responses to, and recovery strategies for most forms of social and political violence as well as humanitarian emergencies, including:
- International and internal wars
- State-supported violence and repression, from mass killings to police brutality
- Electoral violence
- Riots, protests, strikes, and other collective action (violent and nonviolent)
- Intergroup violence, including ethnic and sectarian violence
- “Recovery” responses after violence or destruction, such as after civil war or natural disaster.
P&R's Second Call for Proposals is now open. Expressions of interest are due on March 2, and full proposals are due on May 25.
For those interested in learning more, the program's Guiding Principles and Funding Priorities document includes critical details about the program's core research themes and questions.
Expression of Interest Phase for Round 2
It is not a requirement to participate in the Expression of Interest (EoI) phase in order to submit a Full Proposal in May. Applicants are encouraged to submit an EoiI, however, for three reasons:
1. This will allow the P&R Program to let the applicant know whether the project may or may not be a good match for P&R before the researchers invest time in the full application.
2. The P&R Program may grant travel or pilot funding based on EOIs and discussion with the applicants even before the full applications are due.
3. In rare cases, the P&R Program may be able to provide feedback to applicants.
In order to submit an Expression of Interest, please use the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/vHhr2ybjrx0gguav1
Confirmed Dates for Round 2
- January 15, 2018: Competitive Round Announced, Expressions of Interest (EOI) form released
- March 2, 2018: EOI deadline
- April 15, 2018: Responses to EOIs released
- May 25, 2018: Full proposal submission deadline
- July 2018: Awards announced
Tentative Dates for Round 3
- July 13, 2018: Competitive Round Announced, EOI form released
- August 31, 2018: EOI deadline
- October 15, 2018: Responses to EOIs released
- November 30, 2018: Full proposal submission deadline
- January 2019: Awards announced