On July 28, 2021, Kathryn Glynn-Broderick, Associate Director of the Financial Inclusion Program, presented on behalf of IPA at the webinar “Government to People (G2P) Payment Digitization: Understanding Beneficiaries’ Experiences.” The webinar aimed to provide insights into how recipients experience current G2P digital payment processes, with a special focus on women and the vulnerable groups in the community as they continue to digitize and evolve the social safety net payment programs. The webinar also emphasized the importance of collecting and analyzing data on how different safety net program beneficiaries are experiencing technological changes. This initiative was an opportunity for IPA to engage with industry leaders to determine key barriers and policy gaps in order to identify possible interventions to improve the overall G2P experience in Bangladesh. You can read more about the G2P experience here.
The session was moderated by Tohurul Hasan Tutul, Program Manager, Digital Financial Service Lab, a2i Programme with the following panelists:
- Mohammad Ismail, Additional Secretary (Budget, Program, and Assessment), Ministry of Social Welfare
- Ashiq Aziz, Senior Social Protection Specialist, Social Protection & Jobs, The World Bank
- M. Rashed Al Hasan, Senior Project Officer (Financial Sector), Asian Development Bank
- Md. Zakir Hossain Bhuiyain, First Vice President & Head of Financial Inclusion Department, Bank Asia
- Ali Ahmmed, Chief Commercial Officer, Bkash