The Cabinet Office is a department of the Government of the United Kingdom responsible for supporting the Prime Minister and Cabinet of the United Kingdom. It is composed of various units that support Cabinet committees and which co-ordinate the delivery of government objectives via other departments.
Its responsibilities include:
- Supporting collective government, helping to ensure the effective development, coordination and implementation of policy;
- Supporting the National Security Council and the Joint Intelligence Organisation, coordinating the government’s response to crises and managing the UK’s cyber security;
- Promoting efficiency and reform across government through innovation, better procurement and project management, and by transforming the delivery of services;
- Promoting the release of government data, and making the way government works more transparent;
- Creating an exceptional Civil Service, improving its capability and effectiveness; and
- Political and constitutional reform.