Please Note: Due to COVID-19 IPA Student Volunteerships will be remote until further notice.
IPA Bangladesh is looking for a student volunteer to work on a follow up Endline survey related to the Ultra Poor Graduation Program (UPGP). The Baseline Survey was conducted from April to August 2019 and the Endline Survey is tentatively scheduled for December 2020. This project involves multiple partner agencies- BRAC, BIGD and IPA Bangladesh. The principle investigators are Hossein Alidaee, Kellogg School of Management; Dr. Jessica Goldberg, University of Maryland; Dr. Dean Karlan, Northwestern University; Dr. Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, Yale University; Dr. Christopher R. Udry, Northwestern University; Dr. Narayan C. Das, BIGD.
The Student Volunteer will also support the research team in examining the UPG program’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the 2019 cohort (our study sample).
Specific task list:
- Managing day-to-day relations with project’s key stakeholders and ensuring relevant and timely
- Assist in Endline survey design
- Setting up a research response to program’s policies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor
The Student PI and the Research Coordintor will work with the selected candidate to structure the volunteership according to the candidate’s areas of interest and the project’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, social sciences, or related field.
- Familiarity with impact evaluations and randomized control trials.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience working in a developing country.
1) Send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Bangladesh – Ultra-Poor Graduation Project Student Volunteer
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 830 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.