The bilingual (English and French) Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for managing end-to-end recruitment for job vacancies across the organization and supporting IPA country teams in phases of the recruitment process. The incumbent is responsible for sourcing quality candidates to meet the needs of the organization by deploying creative sourcing strategies. The incumbent will participate in the full recruitment life cycle, from supporting the creation of employer brand awareness, to ensuring excellent candidate care, managing the application process, overseeing selection and managing offers. The Talent Acquisition Manager will work closely with the Associate Director Talent Acquisition in reviewing and iterating all talent acquisition tools, processes and systems at IPA to improve the support provided to hiring managers and provide excellent candidate experience.
IPA's compensation structure is designed based on the labor market for the specific geographic location where the employee is located. We are offering the following salary ranges for this position:
- Talent Acquisition Manager is classified as "C3" on IPA's global job structure.
- For US based employees the starting annual gross salary is $77,598 with a maximum of $85,000.
- The salary for locations outside of the US will vary depending on IPA's salary scale ranges for that specific location.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, base salary of internal peers, business sector, and geographic location.
- Lead full recruitment cycle for specific regions, departments or teams with specific focus to Francophone West Africa teams.
- Proactively source candidates and screen applications received through the applicant tracking systems to select qualified candidates.
- Ensure transparent and bias-free recruitment processes by identifying and implementing efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies to meet the needs of the organization.
- Lead candidate care efforts focused on meeting applicants and candidates needs.
- Schedule interviews; oversee preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Manage the interview and selection process, attending and conducting interviews with hiring managers, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring managers and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details. Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as internal candidates, external candidates, and sourcing outlets.
- Ensure that recruitment practices are effective, efficient and compliant with applicable legislation and internal HR policies.
- Support the management of Talent Acquisition related administration, including ensuring efficient and timely onboarding processes to ensure proper employee set up.
- Provide first class customer service in talent acquisition, new employee orientation.
- Communicate regularly with multiple stakeholders, including weekly hiring team updates, bi-weekly vacancy listings and ad hoc reporting.
- Plan and organize candidate experience activities such as surveys, information sessions, pipeline updates and social media.
- Attend and participate in job fairs and recruitment information sessions.
- Foster a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate IPA’s core values in action and champion a culture of respect, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced HR qualification preferred
- 5-7 years of professional work experience including prior talent acquisition, sourcing and candidate management experience
- Fluency in French language skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook) and experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.