IPA’s dynamic communications team is looking for someone who is passionate about social media to join our team to deliver high-quality and engaging campaigns. The Social Media Manager will primarily manage IPA's social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, and will also provide general communications support to IPA's global communications team. The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and executing a social media strategy. Core to the role is working with the communications, country office, and sectoral teams to effectively plan and execute work across IPA’s social media platforms. The primary responsibilities of this role will be social media management including content creation, analysis, strategic campaign planning, writing and editing, coordinating content approvals, scheduling, and digital marketing (such as Twitter and LinkedIn advertising).The Social Media Manager will also manage IPA’s blog with relevant content by developing topic ideas, interviewing relevant staff and researchers, and drafting stories in collaboration with the communications team. The ideal candidate for this role has a social media management background from an academic or international development nonprofit environment and has an enthusiasm for the digital social world. They would need to have superior presentation, attention to detail, communication skills, and proven hands-on experience managing social media content for brands.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, monitor, and track IPA's social media accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Collaborate with IPA's Communications, country offices, and sectoral teams to create and coordinate the production and scheduling of written and visual social media content.
- Manage IPA’s Drupal-based blog by developing content and publishing finalized stories.
- Coordinate content reviews and approvals with the communications team, Principal Investigators, and other teams.
- Monitor and analyze metrics to track audience growth and engagement to make evidence-based recommendations.
- Plan and manage organic and paid social media campaigns to support strategic communications priorities.
- Use social media monitoring programs to monitor IPA's media coverage.
- Additional communication support as needed to include, but not be limited to digital advertising, media relations/research, writing and editing, photography, videography, photo and video editing, graphic design, and web content management via Drupal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing, Economics, International Relations, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a social media function, preferably in a nonprofit marketing role
- Experience working on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Canva, or other design software
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and/or Google Workspace
- Experience with social media content management platforms (HootSuite, Falcon Social) and/or social media monitoring platforms (Brandseye, Simply Measured, Meltwater, etc)
- Exceptional writing, communication, and confident presentation skills
- A positive attitude towards tight deadlines that enjoys a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and goal-oriented with superior attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are a must
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal. French and/or Spanish an advantage.
- Knowledge of randomized trials and experience in international development sectors is strongly preferred
- Facebook Blueprint Certifications, Google Analytics Academy Certification, or other online training on social media platforms and analytics preferred
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.