The (Senior) Policy Manager will lead IPA Peru's policy impact strategy, focusing on creating and managing high impact opportunities for policymakers to use evidence in decision-making. Reporting to the Country Director with dotted line oversight from the global policy and communications team and substantial collaboration with Peru research teams, this position will pioneer IPA’s policy outreach and impact work in Peru, building and deepening relationships and identifying and creating evidence-to-impact opportunities.
Lead Peru in Policy Outreach Strategy (25%)
- Build expertise on the global and local evidence base in 1-2 sectors and cultivate relationships with key local stakeholders in those sectors.
- Work together with the global policy and communications team to lead and/or participate in strategic events for policy purposes, including but not limited to summits, conferences, workshops, technical working groups, and round tables. Support researchers and country management to participate.
- In collaboration with researchers and in support of the country director, represent IPA locally in policy conversations and at events.
- Support research management staff in executing the “Policy Impact Minimum Must Dos” and in identifying and stewarding high potential partner relationships, particularly with senior levels within government or large organizations.
Cultivate and Manage High Impact Policy Opportunities (50%)
- Lead Peru in continuously identifying and prioritizing high impact policy opportunities for evidence to be used.
- Cultivate relationships with key local decision-makers in 1-2 sectors, particularly those with decision-making authority over particular evidence-to-impact opportunities.
- Launch high impact policy opportunities, including scale-up technical assistance, and either manage small-scale engagements personally with global support, or collaborate with global teams to raise funds for additional staff to realize these opportunities.
- Identify and help launch opportunities for policy relevant right-fit monitoring and evaluation (Goldilocks) opportunities in Peru, and either manage small engagements personally with global support, or
- collaborate with global teams to raise funds for additional staff.
Develop Research Projects with Policy Embeddedness (25%)
- Identify opportunities and cultivate relationships that lead to developing large-scale policy evaluations with key decision-makers. Support research teams and researchers in development and execution.
- Identify opportunities and cultivate relationships that lead to developing field replications to consolidate research on key policy-relevant research questions. Support research teams and researchers in development and execution.
- Together with the country director, act as lead steward to key partner relationships and support key research partner conversations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Policy job category, then select “(Senior) Policy Manager, Peru”. Applications require a statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.