Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is undertaking an initiative to improve the foundation and integration of our information systems and technology. We believe that to fulfill our mission of discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems, IPA needs secure, real-time information to make decisions across countries and functional teams. From budgeting decisions, to project management decisions, and relationship management with researchers, decision-makers, and donors, our information systems lay the foundation for our work. This position contributes to building and strengthening IPA’s information systems and technology management by providing direct support to IPA’s staff at all levels, lead development of IPA’s Salesforce instance, streamline developing innovative training programs, and conducting business research and analyses that help select and implement the right applications and vendors to achieve our strategic goals.
The Salesforce & Databases Administrator will be a key member of the Management Information Systems Technology [MIST] Team. He/ She will coordinate the administration, user support and training for Salesforce at IPA. Additionally, this role will work across functional teams to identify systems access and data needs; address data integrity gaps; lead the oversight of the development and implementation of systems and database changes; and promote the use of evidence-informed decision-making process. This position contributes to building and strengthening IPA’s information systems and technology management by providing direct support to IPA’s staff at all levels, lead development of IPA’s Salesforce instance, streamline developing innovative training programs, and conducting business research and analyses that help the MIST Team select and implement the right applications and vendors to achieve our strategic goals.
Salesforce Administration and Development (40%)
- Manage user access and security for Salesforce and Salesforce integrated applications (Classy, Pardot, Litmos, etc.);
- Maintain, enhance, and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment;
- Track processes, suggest and implement process improvements such as upgrade and roll out of existing applications’ and newly available features in the Salesforce ecosystem to streamline administrative and systems management work;
- Integrate new applications with Salesforce and develop existing integrated applications to make them fit for IPA’s purposes;
- Write and maintain database and code documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Map out and understand the flow of data between Salesforce and other systems; highlighting opportunities for optimization and areas that challenge data integrity (timeliness, accuracy, and availability);
- Ensure that Salesforce storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
Data Integrity, Systems Integration, and Analytics (30%)
- Manage support requests related to Salesforce ecosystem and respond to internal requests for data for organizational decision-making;
- Provide regular data quality checks including flagging and processing duplicates, managing reporting snapshots;
- Create and update reports and dashboards, manage reporting snapshots, and provide support importing/exporting data to and from systems for organizational decision-making;
- Communicate regularly with program, functional, and country office staff to oversee and maintain IPA’s data
- integrity and security across all administered systems;
- Develop and implement Global IPA data clean-up, audit, and update procedures and timelines;
- Participate in the development and collaborative improvement of dashboards and other reporting tools to make data more accessible for decision-makers.
- Collaborate with technology leadership to develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans for all administered systems
- Support, manage, and maintain Enterprise Content Integration Platforms
Project Management & Technology Ecosystem Development (30%)
- Lead development, piloting and rollout of new applications and technology related to Salesforce;
- Lead the application evaluation and selection process for products that may connect to Salesforce and/or join IPA’s application ecosystem;
- Conduct data analyses to determine information for decision-making on Salesforce and applicable information and technology systems
- Develop and implement innovative training programs for all staff including online programs;
- Perform regular data integrity checks for Salesforce and recommend changes to existing processes to improve data integrity over time
- Contribute to IPA’s Management Information Systems strategy and vendor/product selection and provide oversight and direction to vendors and consultants to improve IPA management information systems ecosystem
- Perform any related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree (required), formal certification in (any type of) database administration (preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience with at least one year as a Salesforce Administrator
- Two-five years’ experience with Salesforce NPSP (as a user or admin)
- Experience with data management and analysis
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical staff and leadership of an organization
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into systems and database issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Strong foundations in information technologies, with willingness to learn about new technologies
- Command of remote communication methods, including but not limited to Skype, Google Hangout and Zoom
- Experience working remotely or in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
- Familiarity with Classy, Pardot, Litmos, Google Suite a plus
- Salesforce Administrator or Advanced Administrator Certification
- Experience managing complex technology projects and engaging with diverse stakeholders
- Experience traveling or working in developing countries
- At least one year working in a research organization or non-profit
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.