Innovations for Poverty Action seeks a qualified Research Associate to join our Social Protection team. IPA’s Social Protection Program works with governments and other programs working to move households out of extreme poverty by creating economic opportunities for the poor. We have several exciting projects with governments and multilateral agencies.
This position offers an opportunity for first-hand experience with managing and analyzing data from randomized field experiments. The research analyst’s main project will be a multi-country RCT of productive enhancements to Social Safety Net programs in Francophone West Africa. This project is complex and requires previous experience with multiple datasets.
The Research Associate will work closely with the Social Protection manager and director to perform a variety of tasks including (but not limited to):
- Write excellent, thoughtful and reproducible code in Stata according to IPA’s style guidelines
- Standardize datasets across countries; document and construct outcome variables
- Analyze data and create tables for academic papers and reports
- Assist in the drafting of project reports and papers
- Maintain excellent documentation and file organization systems
- Program survey instruments
- Support data quality checks for on-going surveys
- Strong programming skills including previous project experience with Stata
- Strong quantitative skills
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials and household surveys
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Basic reading ability in French (required)
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- An enthusiasm for empirical research, and the ability and interest to learn new skills and take initiative as a project develops
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as economics, statistics, mathematics, or public policy with a quantitative background
To apply click here. Please submit a cover letter and resume via the online application.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.