Innovations for Poverty Action seeks a qualified Research Analyst to manage and analyze data from randomized field experiments. The research analyst’s main project will be a multi-country RCT of productive enhancements to Social Safety Net programs in Francophone West Africa. This project is complex and requires previous experience working with multiple datasets. The research analyst will work closely with a team of academic researchers who will guide the analysis and provide research direction including Dean Karlan and Christopher Udry at Northwestern University and PIs from the World Bank including Patrick Premand and Thomas Bossuroy.
The Research Analyst will work closely with the IPA’s Social Protection Program, which works with governments and other programs working to move households out of extreme poverty by creating economic opportunities for the poor. The Social Protection Program has several exciting projects with governments, multilateral agencies, and leading NGOs.
The position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing excellent, thoughtful and reproducible code in Stata according to IPA’s style guidelines
- Standardizing datasets across countries; documenting and constructing outcome variables
- Analyzing data and creating tables for academic papers and reports
- Assisting in the drafting of project reports and papers
- Maintaining excellent documentation and file organization systems
- Programing survey instruments
- Supporting data quality checks for on-going surveys
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as economics, statistics, mathematics, or public policy with a quantitative background
- Strong programming skills including previous project experience with Stata
- Strong quantitative skills
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials and household surveys
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Basic reading ability in French (required)
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- An enthusiasm for empirical research, and the ability and interest to learn new skills and take initiative as a project develops
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.