IPA seeks a qualified and highly motivated applicant for the position of Student Volunteer in Peru for a period of 3 months.
Researchers, in partnership with the Peruvian Ministry of Women, the Inter-American Development Bank, and IPA will conduct a randomized evaluation called Real Man Challenge (RMC)
The Real Man Challenge (RMC) will be implemented in different districts of Peru through a Randomized Control Trial which involves males and their female partners. Only males will be part of a WhatsApp group hosted by a local leader, who will send audiovisual content. The intervention aims to determine whether the program affects behaviors around intimate partner violence. Specifically, in exploring RMC’s potential on emotional regulation and communication skills and reduce the conflict with their female partners.
The Student Volunteer will work closely with the Research Associate to:
• Assist in survey design and programming
• Assist in data management and data cleaning
• Assist in the creation of training material and reports
• Assist in training of field teams
• Assist in monitoring and supervising field teams
• Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related field.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Teamwork and people management skills
- Strong oral and written Spanish communications skills
- Intermediate reading and writing in English
- Ability to work with Stata (intermediate)
- Familiarity with Python is a plus
- Familiarity with ArcGIS is a plus
- Familiarity with RCTs is a plus.
- Familiarity in Latin America is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of quantitative data collection instruments and tools is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of quantitative data analysis packages is a plus.
Send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Peru Student Volunteer RMC
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 830 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.