The student volunteer will support the Country Director to assist with 1) the development of a randomized control trial (RCT) evaluation with the Philippine Government investigating the impacts of migration and strategies for reintegration and 2) the development of an RCT of a multilingual education program with the Philippine Department of Education. They will assist in conducting preliminary research, attend partner meetings, work with the country office and PI in refining research designs, and assist with grant proposals. The position is based in Ortigas Center, Manila.
IPA is currently collaborating with the Philippine Government in the design of an evaluation that will investigate the impacts of migration on economic and social outcomes and strategies for reintegration and an evaluation that will investigate the impact of multilingual education on learning outcomes.
Between June and August 2020, a Project Development Student Volunteer will work closely with and be supervised by the Country Director to:
- Conducting preliminary research on migration interventions in the Philippines and the Department of Education’s Mother Tongue-Based-Multilingual Education;
- Attending and taking minutes of partner meetings with the government and other stakeholders;
- Conduct background research on the existing interventions;
- Working with the research team to refine the studies’ research designs;
- Assisting with the development of research grant proposals;
- Assist with any impact evaluation capacity building activities request by partners;
- Executing other tasks deemed necessary to strengthen project development work of the IPA Philippines office.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, social sciences, or related field (fresh graduates are encouraged to apply).
- Familiarity with impact evaluation and randomized control trial.
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- In the subject line: SURNAME_ Student Volunteer
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.