Please Note: All IPA Volunteerships are unpaid.
The Poverty Probability Index® (PPI®) is a poverty measurement tool for organizations and businesses with a mission to serve the poor. The PPI is statistically-sound, yet simple to use: the answers to 10 questions about a household’s characteristics and asset ownership are scored to compute the likelihood that the household is living below the poverty line. With the PPI, organizations can identify the clients, customers, or employees who are most likely to be poor or vulnerable to poverty, integrating objective poverty data into their assessments and strategic decision-making.
Nearly 600 organizations around the world are using the PPI, and it is rapidly becoming a global standard for household poverty measurement. It is important for the PPI team to know who is using the tool and how, so that we can keep users updated, build a community of users, and communicate with our stakeholders about the widespread use of this important tool. We seek an Student Volunteer to –
- Support the design and implementation of a User Satisfaction Survey for PPI users
- Update Survey responses on Salesforce
- Report out results of User Survey
- Recommend action items (if any) based on Survey results
- Provide input on/design online and offline PPI marketing collateral
- Conduct online research for recent examples of PPI use, and update it in our records
Recent college graduates from or students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Candidates who have obtained or are currently pursuing a degree/diploma in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or a related field preferred
- Ability to work independently and meet timelines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data using Excel
- Strong communication skills, capable of interacting with staff at PPI user organizations across different countries
- Knowledge of Spanish/French (Preferred)
- Strong interest in poverty alleviation and international development
1) Send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA PPI Marketing – Student Volunteer
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.