Please Note: All IPA Volunteerships are unpaid.
The Student Volunteer will support the Policy Associate. He/she will assist in conducting interviews and FGDs, drafting technical reports, and organizing training and workshop activities for IPA Philippines’ key partners. The position is based in Ortigas Center, Manila and may include some travel within Luzon.
We have partnered with a local non-profit that is implementing an education program geared towards improving teaching quality in the Philippines. Our engagement with the local non-profit is to provide technical support and capacity building on monitoring and evaluation, particularly data collection. Activities for this project is also designed to inform a potential impact evaluation that would be critical the Philippines’ thrust to improve quality of teachers by 2022 (Philippine National Development Plan for 2017-2022).
For the months August to October 2018, a Policy Student Volunteer will work closely with and be supervised by the Policy Associate managing this project by:
- Providing assistance in key informant interviews and focus group discussions with partners working in the education sector;
- Assisting the development of technical reports;
- Assisting the conduct of a monitoring survey using Excel and SurveyCTO;
- Supporting training and workshop activities for IPA Philippines partner institutions; and
- Executing other tasks deemed necessary to strengthen policy work of the IPA Philippines office.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, social sciences, or related field (fresh graduates are encouraged to apply).
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Familiarity with impact evaluation and randomized control trial.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Filipino
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- In the subject line: SURNAME_ Policy Student Volunteer
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.