The Policy & Communications Associate will play a key role in supporting and growing IPA’s external communications and policy outreach. S/he produces IPA publications and materials through the creation of content aimed at engaging policymakers, funders, partners, and researchers. This individual must possess excellent writing, project management, and collaboration skills.
As a member of IPA's Policy & Communications Team, s/he will liaise closely with the organization's program area, country office, and development teams to produce exceptional external content and materials.
Policy Writing Support (40%)
- Assist in the writing and updating of external publications, including, but not limited to, project summaries, policy briefs, event materials, reports, and presentations
- Maintain and develop IPA brand resources and content
Policy Outreach Support (30%)
- Liaise with IPA's program area, policy, and country office teams to support and coordinate on policy outreach activities and requests
- Support the global policy & communications team in data and information management for policy impact, including cost effectiveness analysis, creating and implementing systems for gathering cost data for international development programs, and developing reports on IPA’s policy impact for senior leadership
Communications Support (30%)
- Support website content updates and improvements
- Provide timely service to global staff and external stakeholders
- Assist with the overall execution of IPA’s external research and policy communications strategy
- Support mass internal and external communications
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences, communications, marketing, or a similar field
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to closely read, understand, and succinctly summarize rigorous social science research
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to reliably work independently under tight deadlines, juggling multiple tasks for different organizational clients, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of international development, economics, social science research, or social policy
- Experience with knowledge management, data analysis, basic HTML, Drupal, SurveyCTO, and/or Salesforce is a plus
To apply click here. Please submit a resume and cover letter, applications without a cover letter and resume will be considered incomplete.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.