This is an exciting new role to be hired immediately, that will operate with a high degree of independence and will collaborate closely with the Director of Policy & External Relations, a Policy Manager, and a large research team. The role will work closely with the team that is scaling up a new NORMalising mask-wearing program, based on recent evidence from Bangladesh, throughout South Asia and beyond. This project will be the primary focus of this role for at least the first six months and involve daily engagement and coordination with a large multi-organizational collaborative team. The ideal candidate will be exceptional at managing up.
Partner Development and Stakeholder Management Support in South Asia (75%)
- Coordinate and manage a severely demanding meetings schedule for high level staff across multiple organizations and time zones, prioritizing and protecting time as appropriate
- Assist senior leadership in developing new partner and funding relationships.
- Track, ghostwrite, and project manage partner and funder communications and follow ups.
- Manage funding and partnership pipeline for global policy team.
- Assist with budget management and spending tracking activities, in coordination with leadership and internal teams
- Project manage select proposal development, writing, and editing projects across the global policy team, country offices, and sector programs.
- Develop, execute and keep track of stakeholder management tasks
- Coordinate follow ups to meetings with high level decision-makers moving at top speeds in a crisis situation.
Communications Support (25%)
- Contribute to website content updates and improvements
- Coordinate approvals and edits to various materials, based on limited verbal instructions
- Provide timely service to global staff and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall execution of IPA’s external research and policy communications strategy
- Support mass internal and external communications
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s, preferably in social sciences, development, communications, international relations, public administration, public policy or a closely related field strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to closely read, understand, and succinctly summarize rigorous social science research
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to reliably work independently under tight deadlines, juggling multiple tasks for different organizational clients, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of international development, economics, social science research, or social policy
- Experience with knowledge management, data analysis, basic HTML, Drupal, SurveyCTO, and/or Salesforce is a plus
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 830 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.