Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a qualified Operations Manager who will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of IPA´s Mexico Office. The successful candidate will be able to formulate strategy, improve performance, procure material and resources, ensure compliance, manage communications and contribute to financial management. The ideal candidate will be able to find ways to increase the quality of our services in order to increase the satisfaction of our partners and donors and implement best practices across all levels.
Office Operations Management
- Developing and implementing internal operational policies and procedures, including procurement, ensuring that all activities are compliant with the Grant´s Operation Rules and IPA Global policies. Establish and maintain accurate supplier database.
- Contributing to organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Designing and implementing the quality system, performing quality controls and monitoring KPI´s. Monitoring program progress against programmatic targets.
- Managing day-to-day office operations.
- Designing and developing tools and resources aimed at improving operational efficiency, effectiveness.
- Supporting the Office Accountant to create indicator tracking plans for all awarded grants.
- Collaborating with the office Accountant to supervise project budgets lines and ensure the proper and effective use of program resources.
- Monitoring program progress against budgetary targets in collaboration with the Office accountant.
- Supporting the development of the budget for grants. Providing regular narrative and financial management reports.
Human resources management
- Providing advice and information to management and employees on HR policies and procedures.
- Supporting the recruitment processes.
- Supervising and manage employee attendance, leave periods, workflow and output.
- Supervising the orientation of new employees
- Counseling employees on policies and rules relating to employment policies, rules, and regulation.
Security Focal Point
- Updating the country's version of Safety and Security Manual and ensuring that the manual is accessible to all Country Office Staff
- Informing Country Office Staff of the content of this manual, including country-specific safety and security recommendations.
- Reporting all security and safety incidents and issues, regardless of severity to the Country Director and Security Global Area.
- Developing and implementing effective communication strategies (internal and external).
- Assisting with on-line content and social media presence.
- Assisting with the development of presentations and memos. Developing branding strategies.
- A bachelor’s degree (required) in business administration, accounting or a related area of study. A master’s degree (preferred) in operations management, business administration, or related fields;
- At least four years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience working in NGOs (desirable).
- Experience in financial budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Policy job category, then select “Operations Manager, Mexico”. Applications require a statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts.
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.