IPA Nigeria seeks an Operations Coordinator to manage country office operations staff and systems that support the administrative and operational needs of the office. The Operations Coordinator will provide in-country support in Human Resources, IT, Safety & Security, Procurement, and Inventory Management Systems, and will ensure the general compliance of the country office with relevant laws and regulations.
The Operations Coordinator will work under the direction of the IPA Nigeria Country Director and will have significant collaboration with the Finance and Admin team. The Operations Coordinator will also liaise with the key Global Functional Teams led by the General Counsel, Chief Financial Officer, Chief People Officer, Senior Director of Technology, Senior Director of Global Operations, and others as required.
- Supervise procurement of goods and services in line with IPA procurement policy
- Oversee the general implementation and continuous refinement of IPA’s procurement systems, including online process flows.
- Assist in the review of agreements, MoUs, and contracts as required both as oversight to procurement processes and to review content in coordination with General Counsel and Country Director.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and other external bodies which serve the office as a whole, such as landlords, insurance carriers and brokers, local legal counsel, etc.
- Ensure IPA Nigeria’s registration is up to date and that it complies with all statutory requirements.
- Ensure IPA Nigeria complies with all Nigerian laws and regulations and all IPA Operations-related Global policies, all in coordination with IPA’s General Counsel, IPA Global Operations team, and IPA Nigeria’s lawyers.
OPERATIONS AND SECURITY
- Work closely with the Country Director to define and implement IPA Nigeria’s long-term operational strategy in the areas of HR, IT, Procurement, Safety & Security, Office Management, and Compliance.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual strategic plans for all Operations functions.
- Continuously analyze and review internal controls, operational policies and procedures, and business processes and identify gaps for strengthening, training, and implementation.
- Provide input to and oversee the roll-out and implementation of global operations and administrative policies and procedures at the country office level.
- Be IPA Nigeria’s Safety & Security Focal Point.
- Lead the maintenance and management of the country risk register, and risk management in general.
- Work closely with the IPA Global and Regional ICT functional support teams to ensure the Nigeria office has a functioning ICT infrastructure and support.
- Ensure IPA Nigeria assets are properly managed and the asset register is up to date.
- Work closely with the IPA Global HR functional support team to manage country-level human resource needs in line with global and local policies.
- Provide timely information for payroll management to finance department.
- Plan and conduct orientation training for all new staff.
- Facilitate exit clearance in liaison with line managers and other departments and liaise with Finance Team to calculate terminal benefits and issue service certificates.
- In collaboration with the HR assistant, maintain an organized filing system and personal files for all staff that is UpToDate and well secured.
- Regularly update the HR Information Systems (HRIS) and prepare monthly and quarterly HR reports.
- Oversee and build the capacity of the Nigeria Operations team to execute routine operational processes and solve operational problems with minimal management intervention.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree-level education;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an NGO
- Experience managing compliance requirements for an NGO in Nigeria
- Experience with a wide range of donors
- Experience with operations support management
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Strong communication skills and ability to represent an organization professionally
- Sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse organization
- Master's degree an added advantage
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the APPROPRIATE CATEGORY job category, then select “Operations Coordinator”. Applications require you to include a statement of purpose (cover letter) and CV.
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.