- Carry out the procurement quotation process for the acquisition of goods and services, applying the organization's procedures, preparing the necessary documentation, making calculations and reviewing information.
- Elaboration of letters, certificates and other documents of the area.
- Filing administrative, accounting, labor and other documents of the area for internal use and control.
- Ensure that the office has the necessary supplies/paperwork, as well as logistical support for special activities.
- Update the control of the organization's movable assets, computer equipment, audio and video.
- Review of payment requests, as well as the supporting documents.
- Review of documents for the preparation of contracts.
- Make hotel and flight reservations for team members.
- Delivering and/or collecting documents in different parts of the city.
- Support in any other activity that may be required.
- At least 3 years of experience as an office assistant, including experience in administrative activities.
- Truncated university degree in Accounting, Administration or similar.
- Ability to meet strict delivery dates.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Advanced Office package management (Excel domain)
- Advanced internet management (information search)
- Organizational skills and precision.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Good handling of work under pressure.
- Mother tongue Spanish.
- English intermediate level.
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Finance and Admin job category, then select “Office Assistant, Mexico”. Applications require a statement of purpose (cover letter) and CV.
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.