Please note: IPA Volunteerships are unpaid.
IPA seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Student Volunteer in Lima, Peru.
Despite the fact that one in three women are affected by GBV globally, there has been little rigorous research on the efficacy of intervention that aim to prevent and reduce GBV. This project will bring new and rigorous evidence by carefully evaluating the impacts of a theory-driven policy intervention in rural Peru that aims to reduce GBV.
The intervention—Leaders in Action (LIA)—is a program from the Peruvian Ministry of Women (MOW) that trains local leaders to become community health volunteers and to work within their communities on GBV prevention, monitoring, and reduction at several levels. In close cooperation with the MOW, this project will evaluate the impacts of LIA on GBV incidence, norms, attitudes and household wellbeing through a large Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT).
The Student Volunteer will work closely with the Research Associate to:
- Assist in survey design and programming
- Assist in data management and data cleaning
- Assist in training of field teams
- Assist in monitoring and supervising field team
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related field
- Self-starter, resourceful and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies
- Ability to understand and consistently work towards achieving the highest quality data analysis and documenting steps taken
- Eager to learn, and gain experience in a fast-paced organization
- Strong oral and written Spanish communications skills
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a plus.
- Familiarity in Latin America is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of quantitative data collection instruments and tools is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of quantitative data analysis packages is a plus.
1) Send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Peru-Student Volunteer
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.