IPA country offices in Ghana and Nigeria are looking to hire three student volunteers starting February 7, 2022 to support project development efforts. and work closely with the Research and Project Development Coordinator in the following areas:
- Developing robust sector literature reviews and notes through desk research and stakeholder interviews.
- Scoping new research topics, including possible field work and stakeholder meetings.
- Developing technical narratives and budgets for grant proposals.
- Supporting on the administrative and organizational functions of the PD team, including entering records into Salesforce, tracking the status of proposals, finding new funding opportunities, researching donors, taking notes at meetings, developing new tools/systems for a more efficient workflow.
- Meet with researchers and support in communication/scheduling.
- As interested/opportunities are available, experience field-based data collection, and develop skills in Stata and SurveyCTO.
- Attend all regular country office staff gatherings and trainings.
- Prefer candidates who are currently completing a Master’s Degree in economics, international development, public policy, or other related fields; will consider strong candidates in their final year undergraduate programs with previous experience in policy work and proposal writing
- Takes initiative, resourceful, and detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to cross-check one’s own work and respond to critical feedback
- Eager to learn, and gain experience in a fast-paced organization
- Familiar with randomized controlled trials
1) Send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
• Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
• In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Ghana/Nigeria – Student Volunteer
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.