Reporting to the Director of Grants and Contracts, the Grants Officer will work closely with the Sector teams to support their awards portfolios throughout the entire life-cycle to include review and negotiation of award agreements, compliance and financial monitoring, and contractual and financial reconciliation during award close-out. The Grants Officer will also be responsible for coordinating, preparing, and issuing agreements and modifications to subrecipients from federal and non-federal prime awards. The Grants Officer will ensure adherence of proper due diligence and subrecipient monitoring requirements. The Grants Officer will also play a key role in developing materials and facilitating trainings aimed at building the capacity of program and country staff in the area of compliance with grants and sub-award terms and conditions. Among other qualifications, the ideal candidate shall have: a) minimum of 3 years experience managing federal grants and/or contracts for international programs, preferably with at least one of those years in a compliance or finance role; b) good command of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards as well as multilateral institutions and foundations standard terms and conditions; c) proven ability to work effectively with program teams and with a high degree of customer service orientation; d) experience drafting clear and concise guidance documents and training materials; and e) excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Monitor and manage subawards and necessary reporting/compliance requirements per donor terms and conditions.
- Provides guidance to sector staff and country offices on compliance issues on subawards and procurement.
- Develops templates and guidelines aimed at simplifying the sub-award process within our programs.
- Drafts and reviews sub-award and sub-contract agreements to ensure adherence to donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews sub-award and sub-contract expenditures and other financial analysis on a monthly / quarterly basis as required.
- Drafts guideline documents and prepares and facilitates training sessions in areas related to compliance of sub-award monitoring and procurement.
- Supports the design and implementation of IPA grants database systems, workflow processes, and procedures and procurement and sub-awarding.
- Provides backstop on review and, as needed, negotiation of grants, cooperative agreement, and contractual instruments.
- Provides backstop on review and monitoring awards and budgets during pre-award, post-award, and close-out periods to ensure compliance with award requirements.
- Assists country offices and sector staff on interpretation of OMB and CFR regulations
- Ensures sponsor prior approvals and other grants management record-keeping is filed and complete.
- Assists with financial inquiries and preparation for annual audit review
- At least three years’ experience working in a finance, accounting or grants department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Project Management or any related field.
- Knowledge of typical grant award/contractual documents such as grant agreements, subcontracts, modifications
- Experience with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $10M), as well as a multi-office, multi-national environment
- Experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting
- Understanding and interpretation of OMB, CFR and US government regulations
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, including MS Office
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills (oral and written communication) in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to focus on technical work and ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Attention to details, and excellent time management
- Proficiency in another language (French or Portuguese) a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus/added advantage.
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.