The Global HR team supports IPA in the US and our 22 country offices guiding staff with performance management, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, HR policies, training and development, talent acquisition and staff wellbeing. Our team provides leadership and support in the development and delivery of innovative human resources programs and services that uphold the values, mission, and vision of IPA.
At IPA we are committed to improving lives through research and evidence. We are proud to welcome interns year round to help support our mission. This paid internship program is an opportunity for students and recent graduates like you to gain hands-on professional experience in a truly global organization. In addition to gaining real world experience, you will be exposed to several of IPA’s teams and be able to take advantage of tailored training and development opportunities.
As an intern on the Global HR team, you will have the opportunity to learn about our HR functions and gain experience across a diverse array of activities including recruitment, benefits and compensation, HR policy, employee engagement, and knowledge management. You will be expected to work between 20-30 hours per week, depending on availability and interest. The pay rate is $16.10/hour.
You can look forward to collaborating on a range of initiatives, including:
- General: Assist with performance management processes, support the Chief People Officer in the development and implementation of global HR minimum standards; develop a framework, timeline and template for regular internal communications
- Recruitment: Manage social media postings for new job opportunities, support on-campus recruitment programming and diversity outreach activities
- Compensation and Benefits: Assist with benefits open enrollment or the core process (performance and compensation reviews); summarize survey data for the global benefits review
- Learning and Development: Design and update pages/processes within IPA's Moodle-based learning management system (LMS); author, revise, and manage storage of HR guidance articles and other knowledge products
- Currently pursuing or a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Curiosity and passion for international development
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.