IPA is preparing to launch multiple surveys in early 2020, in different sectors including education, agriculture and nutrition.
IPA Ghana is looking to hire student volunteers starting in February to help support these collection activities. The student volunteer will work closely with the project team in Accra or Tamale, to support the planning process, logistics and data management for the upcoming fieldwork. In particular, the student volunteer will help with survey instrument programming and testing, and support the development of a data management system (including programming high frequency checks for the incoming data during the survey using Stata software, and supporting other data quality assurance systems). The student volunteer may also be involved in training field staff on survey tools and digital data collection devices. During data collection, s/he will help with running data checks, communicating with field teams on a daily basis and effecting corrections to the data set. After data collection, the student volunteer may support with data cleaning, basic data analysis and report writing.
- Completed undergraduate degree in in economics or other related field
- Knowledge of Stata (required)
- Knowledge of Survey CTO or other Android based programming software (preferred)
- Self-starter, resourceful and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to understand and consistently work towards achieving the highest quality data analysis and documenting steps taken
- Eager to learn, and gain experience in a fast paced organization
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a plus
1) Send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Ghana – Student Volunteer
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.