Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is seeking an energetic and organized self-starter to support the Executive Office and the organization’s fundraising efforts with individuals and institutions. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Director, the Philanthropic Partnerships team, and IPA’s stewardship program by maintaining a donor database, fielding donor inquiries, tracking donor engagements and strategies, and assisting with various other administrative tasks related to travel, meetings, and record-keeping. This position requires the ability to work independently and effectively under tight deadlines, maintain a high attention to detail, consistently display accurate and high-quality work, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively liaise across levels and departments in the organization and with key partners. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with these attributes who is looking to understand the inner workings of an international NGO and position themselves for future growth. The role will report to the Executive Director.
Administrative Support for the Executive Office (50%)
- Responsible for a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Take notes at Executive Office-led meetings and assist with related follow-up tasks and reminders.
- Assist with all aspects of organizational planning processes - from editing templates to taking notes and supporting follow up.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, donors, IPA staff, and others, on matters related to IPA’s programmatic and/or operational initiatives
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prepare materials and support logistics for board meetings; maintain documentation on board activities & members.
- Support senior staff with the organization & related follow-up of fundraising events, meetings, and conversations, as well as major internal meetings involving senior staff, including but not limited to making travel arrangements, event logistics, sending invitations, and managing RSVP lists.
- Support the preparation of meetings and other engagements, such as by generating background information, ghost-writing draft emails or other communications, and preparing other materials.
- Support other Executive Office and fundraising special projects as assigned.
Donation Processing & Donor Support (25%)
- Provide high-quality, courteous, and rapid customer service for prospects and donors.
- Coordinate timely donor recognition and mailings.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and donor tracking by performing data entry and updates in Salesforce for donors, fundraising events, and solicitations including contact information, gift amounts, biographical information, pertinent correspondence, planned meetings, etc.
- Administer online donation processing, with support from communications, philanthropic partnerships, and technology teams.
- Execute other administrative tasks including but not limited to processing invoices and payment requests, processing mail, logging checks received.
Funder Stewardship Support (25%)
- Maintain a database of institutional stewardship assignments and strategies.
- Issue reminders to stewards to hold and log meetings with funders.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and institutional funder tracking by performing data entry and updates in Salesforce including funder profiles, stewardship assignments & strategies, pertinent correspondence, meetings, etc.
- Assist with various aspects of proposal and deliverable development for unrestricted, institutional, and strategic funding as required (e.g., organizing supporting documents, coordinating due dates and timelines, logging details in Salesforce).
- Maintain a collection of communications resources for stewards to use.
- Support internal stewardship program meetings with scheduling, logistics, note-taking, and follow-ups as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Global nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in administrative support, communications, and/or fundraising, (or similar) is preferred.
- Highly motivated, independent, and self directed individual ready to support the Executive Director and other senior staff and improve the administrative functioning of the organization with minimal specific direction.
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft and Google suites, and desire and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Experience with databases and data management is preferred; Salesforce or other customer or donor database experience is a plus.
- High attention to detail with little oversight or input; efficient and accurate when completing tasks.
- Must be able to work under pressure, quickly switch tasks and priorities, and still meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with comfort and ability to effectively liaise across levels and departments in the organization and with key partners. Experience creating external-facing communications is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism is a must.
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 830 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.