Innovations for Poverty Action is seeking a RFE Engagement Manager to develop and oversee the delivery of a portfolio of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) advisory services and contribute to the development of IPA’s Right-Fit Evidence Unit.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a global research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. As its core business, IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
Complementing this core business, the Right-Fit Evidence Unit at IPA is an effort aimed at helping organizations use data and evidence to learn and adapt their programs to increase effectiveness. In close collaboration with IPA’s sector programs and country office teams worldwide, the unit advises organizations on how to use data and evidence to design more effective programs and create meaningful measurement routines and accompanies them through the process of analysis and adaptation. Clients include NGOs, funders, social businesses and governments.
As the RFE Engagement Manager, you will report directly to the Director of the Right-Fit Evidence Unit. You will be part of a 4-member management team leading the growth phase of the unit at the global level. Specifically, as the RFE Engagement Manager you will:
Lead the execution of a portfolio of advisory engagements
- As the primary interface for a wide range of clients (NGOs, governments, private companies, donors, etc.), work closely with them to develop tailor-made solutions for their MEL needs, and support their implementation
- Design and facilitate various kinds of external MEL related workshops
- In partnership with IPA’s country office teams worldwide, lead the design, implementation, write-up and presentation of various types of engagements, studies and analysis, keeping an eye on quality, budgets and timelines.
- As the Unit grows, oversee Program Associates, Coordinators or Managers working on various engagements
Take part in the development of the Right Fit Evidence Unit
- Lead the development of a small portfolio of new potential engagements, both self-initiated and assigned
- Be the main interface for the Right-Fit Evidence Unit for a set of active or potential funders
- Occasionally represent the Unit in conferences or other similar events
- More broadly, provide contributions to the development and ongoing adaptation of the strategy of the Unit and its internal organizational development
We are seeing three different types of profiles that could fit this position particularly well (and if you don’t fall in any of these categories but feel like you meet the qualifications below, please do apply as well!)
- Management consultants with some international development experience who would be excited in a career shift to an entrepreneurial and impact-focused environment leveraging their skillset
- M&E practitioners who are interested in broadening their scope and impact on the field by advising multiple organizations on state-of-the-art M&E practices
- Researchers and research management professionals in international development who enjoy working closely with practitioners and are interested in broadening their scope to all the types of data and evidence that can inform decisions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with coursework in quantitative methods as well as development economics, international public policy or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Significant exposure to the design and management of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills,
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others on technical matters,
- Strong client facing and presentation skills. Ability to present information in a structured and insightful way, both in writing and orally.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, versatility and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Experience working in developing countries.
- Passion for making data-driven decision making a reality in the development sector.
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 30-40%).
Preferred additional qualifications
- Master’s degree in development economics, international public policy, or a related field. MBAs also welcome.
- Prior experience in a management consultancy
- Experience with qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with debates around M&E and the use of evidence.
- Familiarity with RCTs.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.