The Development Associate will join a growing, well-focused Development team raising unrestricted and strategic funds from individuals and foundations while increasing the visibility of IPA among donor prospects. Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Associate will work closely with other members of the Development team as well as across departments including Policy and Communications, Finance, Legal, and the Executive team.
- Provide high-quality, courteous, and prompt customer service for prospects, donors, and partners.
- Assist in the organization and production of cultivation events and special meetings, including coordinating logistics, sending invitations, and managing RSVP lists.
- Provide support to the Development and Executive teams with travel arrangements, scheduling donor meetings, preparing materials for board meetings, and special projects.
- Coordinate donor recognition (i.e., ensure gift receipts are sent in a timely manner, provide support to senior staff for personal acknowledgments). Draft acknowledgment letters and other donor correspondence as needed. Support the distribution of IPA’s Annual Report, Year-End Appeal, and other communications to donors (digital and postal).
- Assist with donor communications by using Marketing Cloud and Salesforce, managing updates to digital profiles, and supporting rebranding process taking place over the next 12-18 months.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and donor tracking by performing data entry and updates in Salesforce for donors, fundraising events, and solicitations including contact information, gift amounts, biographical information, pertinent correspondence, planned meetings, etc. (Salesforce training will be provided.)
- Assist with various aspects of proposal development as required (e.g., organizing supporting documents, coordinating due dates and timelines, sending paperwork via express delivery).
- Execute department administrative tasks including processing invoices and payment requests, processing department mail, and logging checks received. Assist with administration of routine tasks related to online donation processing.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree required.
- 0-2 years of experience in development, fundraising or event planning.
- Interest in international development, economics, and research preferred.
- Knowledge or familiarity with statistics, information management, or research methods a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and fastidious attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to “manage up.”
- Solid proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Photoshop or other design software skills a plus.
- Experience with relational donor/customer databases preferred. Experience with Salesforce and/or data analysis a plus.
- Experience in donor relations or customer service a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service to internal and external clients.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work independently, and to carry out assignments to completion.
To apply click here. Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter via the application portal, applications without a Cover Letter and Resume will be considered incomplete.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.