IPA’s Global Research and Data Support (GRDS) team supports hundreds of IPA research projects around the world by delivering research resources, training programs, and direct support. Direct support includes consultation to research projects on implementation and monitoring of data quality standards and on-demand survey design, coding, and analysis. The GRDS team also develops and maintains software tools, templates, and other forms of research infrastructure. GRDS team members are located in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and North America.
The GRDS team is now hiring multiple positions to provide these services: Data Managers, Data Specialists, and Data Associates, depending on candidates’ level of qualifications and experience. This position can be based in any country where IPA has an office.
- Provide high-quality, advanced deliverables in SurveyCTO and Stata
- Provide management, training, and mentorship to Data Associates and Data Specialists
- Manage pipeline of service requests, scopes of work, and stakeholder communications
- Support documentation and product development of team’s global technical products
- Conduct research quality audits of ongoing research projects
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in data science, economics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Seven or more years of relevant experience, such as building and sharing standardized code, products, or programs
- Demonstrated experience in two or more of the below:
- ODK/SurveyCTO (preferred)
- Stata (preferred)
- Other survey platforms, such as CSPro, Qualtrics, Blaise, or Survey Solutions
- Other statistical software, such as R, SPSS, SAS, or Pandas (Python)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite for word processing, spreadsheet management, and presentation development
- Experience supervising data collection teams
- Experience working with social scientists, especially economists
- Experience working with GIS data / maps
- Experience working with data visualization applications
- Experience working with APIs
Ability to work professionally in multiple languages, especially French or Spanish
Finalists for this position will be asked to satisfactorily complete a Stata test appropriate to the job level.
Internal candidates who meet or exceed the below qualifications are encouraged to apply.
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 900 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
As an organization, IPA is dedicated to improving the lives of the world's most vulnerable populations through evidence and policy. We also recognize how important it is for our staff to reflect the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with. As such, IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Click here to learn more about IPA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-202-386-6200. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.