Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a highly motivated and qualified candidate to serve as a (Senior) Program Associate, Consolidation Research to facilitate the production of highly policy-relevant evidence along the path to scale under its exciting new Consolidation Research Initiative. The Consolidation Research Initiative aims to produce the evidence needed to move promising solutions to global poverty problems from initial pilots to scalable and adaptable programs and policies. This includes field replications and extensions of impact evaluations, verification and reanalysis studies, evidence reviews and syntheses, and qualitative scoping and follow-up research. The initiative works across a variety of sectors including, health and nutrition, small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurship, social protection, education, and intimate partner violence and across Africa, Asia and Latin America. This is a great opportunity to be part of cutting-edge research at an organization dedicated to producing rigorous evidence and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about research and evidence-based policy-making. The position will provide the candidate the opportunity to work with key stakeholders to identify promising evidence-based interventions and pursue research agendas to understand how to effectively implement them at scale and adapt them to new contexts. The position reports to the lead researcher directing the Consolidation Research Initiative and will be based in New York City, Washington, DC, or New Haven, CT with international travel estimated at 10-15 percent.
- Coordinate consolidation research initiatives on chronic malnutrition, small and medium enterprises, education and other topics as they emerge: organize small, stakeholder events to prioritize evidence to focus on; assist with evidence reviews, schedule steering committee meetings
- Write and design briefs, website content, presentation slides, and other materials communicating IPA’s consolidation research efforts and plans to both internal and external audiences
- Coordinate and provide writing support for funding proposals for consolidation research projects and initiatives
- Assist with grant reporting and deliverable management for a portfolio of consolidation research grants
- Assist with the development and documentation of consolidation research tools
- Track spending against project and grant budgets
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in economics, public-policy, social science or related field and 3 years work experience related to the degree
- Proven ability to write and present clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to understand academic research studies
- Curiosity about what works to improve people’s lives and an ability to spot gaps in existing knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, versatility and willingness to learn
- Passion for making evidence-based policymaking a reality in the development sector
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.