The Communications Associate will play a key role in supporting and growing IPA’s external communications and policy outreach. S/he produces IPA publications and materials through the creation of content aimed at engaging policymakers, funders, partners, and researchers. This individual must possess excellent desktop publishing, writing, and collaboration skills.
As a member of IPA's Policy & Communications Team, s/he will liaise closely with the organization's program area and country office teams to produce exceptional external content and materials.
- Liaise with IPA's program area, policy, and country office teams to manage external communications activities and requests
- Produce, design, and update external publications, including, but not limited to, policy briefs, brochures, event materials, and presentations
- Develop and update graphics, fact sheets, and communications resources for staff
- Provide timely and superior service to staff and external stakeholders
- Support website content updates and improvements
- Maintain and develop IPA brand resources and content
- Maintain the IPA photo and media library and the acquisition of new photography
- Assist with meeting coordination and other logistical support for the Senior Policy & Communications team
- Assist with the overall execution of IPA’s external research and policy communications strategy
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences, design, communications, marketing, or a similar field
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent desktop publishing skills and eye for good design and presentation
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and ability to master quickly
- Ability to present data through graphs and charts in a professional and clean manner
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to reliably work independently under tight deadlines, juggling multiple tasks for different organizational clients, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Good sense of humor
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with website administration and/or content posting (e.g., Drupal, WordPress, or other CMS’s)
- Familiarity with email design / email management (e.g., Constant Contact, MailChimp, Marketing Cloud, or other platforms)
- Demonstrated understanding of typography systems and layout design principles
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRMs is a plus
- Interest in and knowledge of international development, economics, or social policy
- Experience with communications efforts targeted to domestic and international audiences
To apply, click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.