Innovations for Poverty Action is seeking an entry level analyst who is interested in working in non-profits and Information Technology. The ideal candidate will have an interest in supporting technology globally for IPA with experience in IT and helpdesk support.
IPA is enhancing the foundation and integration of our information systems and technology. We believe that to fulfill our mission of discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty, IPA needs Secure, Sustainable, and Scalable solutions. These solutions must be able to provide real-time information for functional teams to make strategic decisions across countries. From budgeting decisions, to project management decisions, and relationship management with researchers, decision-makers, and donors, our information systems establish the foundation for our work. The Application Support Analyst will play a key role in coordinating across functional teams to provide technology support to our functional teams and country offices, conduct analyses to identify key trends to help make important decisions about our information systems, develop Knowledge Articles that help all IPA staff to help themselves, and provide project coordination/management for vendor support and technology selection and deployments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Application Support Analyst will be a key member of the Management Information Systems Technology [MIST] Team. This position supports the Senior Manager, Network & Infrastructure Systems to meet organizational needs related to information systems administration, IT Project management, IT support, and decision-making. The Application Support Analyst will manage and maintain various information technology systems, execute best practices in IT support and customer service, and help coordinate the implementation and deployment of IT resources globally. This position contributes to building and strengthening IPA’s information systems and technology management by providing direct support to IPA’s staff at all levels, developing innovative training programs, and conducting business research and analyses that help the MIST Team select and implement the right applications and vendors to achieve our strategic goals.
The Business & Information Systems Analyst will perform duties as assigned by their supervisor, but in particular will:
Administer IPA’s technology systems and manage support requests (50%)
- Manage Global Help Desk support requests related to knowledge platforms, information systems, and technology
- Manage user account creation, permissions, and support in Okta and Google Admin Portal
- Work collaboratively with vendors to coordinate logistics for global technology deployments
- Manage mass data uploads and updates to appropriate systems
- Identify key trends in ticket volume to establish new and updated IT Knowledge articles
- Work collaboratively across functional teams to ensure technology systems supports required functionality
- Coordinate the procurement and closure of information systems and technology requests
- Track processes, suggest and implement process improvements to streamline administrative and systems management
- Document workflow processes and enhancements needed to IT infrastructure
Provide assistance in information technology and systems (30%)
- Support development, piloting and rollout of new applications and technology
- Build and implement a data quality strategy and implementation plan for missing data in our information systems
- Develop and implement innovative training programs for all staff including online programs
- Perform any related duties as assigned by CIO and/or Director of IT, MIS Manager
Perform research and analyses to facilitate vendor selection and improve information technology systems (20%)
- Perform regular data integrity checks across information systems and recommend changes to existing processes to improve data integrity over time
- Conduct data analyses to determine information for decision-making on new information and technology systems
- Contribute to IPA’s Management Information Systems strategy and vendor / product selection
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; major in mathematics, computer science, economics, social sciences, research methods, statistics or other related fields is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working in information technology or helpdesk support
- Experience managing high volume Help Desk environments highly preferred
- Experience in Okta and Google Admin Portal strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in data management and analysis is required
- Proven experience with at least one statistical package (e.g. Stata, R) is preferred
- Proven administrator and/or developer experience with Salesforce/Force.com is preferred
- Experience in information technology preferred
- Experience traveling or working in developing countries is preferred
- At least one year working in a research organization is preferred
Skills and motivations
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations and develop clear detailed solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to independently problem solve towards solutions and or seek guidance when needed after conducting analyses
- Ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex problems to various populations (end users, management, cross functional teams)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Strong foundations in information technologies, with willingness to learn about new technologies
- Strong interest in randomized evaluations and international development
- Willingness to travel internationally, if required
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.