IPA is seeking an Accounting Manager for their growing Finance department to be a key contributor in enhancing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the department. This role will support the financial responsibilities of IPA globally and work with the finance team to ensure healthy financial planning. This position requires the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistently accurate and high-quality work.
- Coordinate the management of balance sheet accounts particularly country office accounts.
- Participate in the month end close process including the preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations. Review appropriateness of accounting treatment.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and variance analysis (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and cash flow forecast).
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for the Form 990.
- Assist with indirect cost management processes by supporting NICRA submissions.
- Assist with the preparation, coordination and review of schedules for the year-end financial audit and single federal audit and assist with coordination and review of local country audits.
- Prepares daily cash flow report
- Supervise Accounts Payable function.
- Responsible for monthly functional expense allocation.
- Assist management in the preparation of the annual organizational budget including other budgets and forecasts as required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of improved accounting policies, procedures and internal controls and communication to the countries. Provide technical support to countries as required.
- Assist Controller and CFAO on a variety of tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred or related experience. International and Non profit experience a plus.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in accounting.
- Experience in accounting software, preferably NetSuite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and reporting under US GAAP, internal controls, accounting for multi-currency transactions, and dealing with internal and external Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and with staff at differing levels and internationally
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.