IPA is seeking an Accounting Analyst who will be a key contributor in enhancing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance department. The successful candidate will extract information from systems and analyze through high level excel formulas, pivot tables, etc. He or she must be comfortable working in a fast pace environment and comfortable working with all levels within the organization.
- Manage Accounts Receivable
- Prepare and analyze monthly overhead departments and sector financial reports.
- Participate in the month end close process including the preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of improved accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Prepare and issue timely and accurate miscellaneous invoices and grants invoices.
- Assist management in the preparation of the annual organizational budget.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of schedules for the year-end financial and single federal audits.
- Assist the Controller and CFAO with a variety of tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3 years’ relevant professional experience
- Not-for-Profit grant experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in accounting software, preferably NetSuite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and with local country staff.
- Excellent computer proficiency, especially in Excel, working with pivot tables, and vlookups required.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
To apply click here.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 575 leading academics to conduct over 650 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.