Research Analyst (New Haven, CT)
- Reports to: Research Manager
- Location: New Haven, CT
- Deadline to apply: Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis
- Desired start date: As soon as possible
- Length of Commitment: 2 years commitment is required for this position
- Please Note: US work authorization required
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in New York, NY, Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
Innovations for Poverty Action seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Research Analyst based in New Haven, CT. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand data management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. This position is located in the U.S., and the principal investigator is Dean Karlan.
Research Analysts in New Haven will work closely with academic researchers and field staff to perform a variety of tasks including (but not limited to) cleaning and analyzing data for multi-country datasets, and assisting in the writing of project reports, policy memos, and academic papers on a variety of topics.
- A Bachelor's degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- Knowledge of Stata (required)
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred
- Experience living in a developing country preferred
To apply, please click here
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Research Analyst. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.